Bookstore cats are famous for attracting visitors to book shops. While comic book lovers come to shop for comics, cat lovers might visit a book store just to pat a cat. If you are after a cat therapy, a good cat book or patting a bookstore cat might be just what you need!
Most of cats in bookstores are former alley cats. Shop owners allow cats to stay. They care for them, providing food and shelter. Bookstore cats have their own personalities and habits. I bet every bookstore cat is adorable! If you see a kitty chilling out on a cat shelf made of or for books, try not to scare the cat. Admire the kitty beauty from a respectful distance (I know, we all want to touch every cat!). If you want to pat the cat, it’s good to ask the bookstore person first.
2. Conan the Librarian at a bookstore on the Venice Beach Boardwalk in California.
3. Rowena the cat
4. Alice the bookstore cat
5. Pippi acting as a cat bookend at Dolly’s Bookstore
6. Nietzsche Cat from Canada
7. Fergie, Saku, and Fleur – bookstore cats at Wee Book Inn, Alberta
9. “The new cat at the bookstore is quite playful.”
11. Isabel, the bookstore cat
12. Nap time for Mr. Dolly
13. “I love this book store, foster kitties running around and they have a locked up rare Tolkien books collection.”
15. A typical cat on duty guarding books
16. Try to get that book before the cat “reads” it!
17. A Christmas cat in Ohio
19. Oscar Wilde – one of three resident cats in this bookshop
20. Even the wisest ones need to sleep